CHARLTON MUSGROVE COUNTRYSIDE GROUP
Understand, conserve, sustain and enhance
the natural heritage and wildlife of
the Parish of Charlton Musgrove for
the benefit, education and enjoyment of
the local community.
One of the actions from the Village Plan was to establish a number of working groups. One of these was the Countryside Group “to investigate the possibility of wildlife and conservation projects, native woodland and bulb planting and a possible focal point within the village”. The Group was established soon after the Plan was published, however, its activities have been in abeyance for sometime now.
In an initiative to revive the Group’s positive start an informal meeting was held on Monday 23rd March 2015 at the Memorial Hall to consider future activity, and a subsequent meeting was held on 1st June 2015 which was attended by 7 villagers.
At the meeting on 1st June a number of questions were posed which those attending answered by writing their responses on “post-it” labels - the results can be seen in the attached .pdf document.
Countryside Group Post-it Answers 1st June 2015
At the meeting it was decided that:
The Countryside Group would meet on the second Tuesday of each month in the Memorial Hall at 7:30 pm (next meeting on 14th July 2015).
It was also decided that the Group’s activities for the remainder of 2015, and into 2016, should concentrate on:
1. Conducting a habitat survey, including the tributary streams to the River Cale, to produce a habitat map of Charlton Musgrove.
2. Preparing nest boxes for next season.
3. Establishing a programme of talks, wherever possible in conjunction with South Brewham (invite Cucklington/Stoke Trister/Penselwood ?).
a. Somerset Wildlife Trust.
b. Simon King (?).
d. Selwood Landscape Project.
4. Establishing a (simple) reporting system to start to gather data.
5. Establishing a timeline of events.
6. Establishing information leaflets/website/questionnaire.
No coffee morning in JANUARY
Next one will be on 15th February
Parish Council Meeting CMMH
Wednesday 16th January 7.30
Winter Lecture Series
Feb 8th - 1st March 2019
Revitalising Yoga Class
at CMMH 7 - 8.30pm
Every Wednesday and Thursday morning at CMMH
Access Instructions for CM Community Defibrillator